Trusted data sourcing and delivery is at the core of the Dow Jones brand and a vital pillar of our legacy as an information provider. Join our data strategy team and help the world’s biggest companies and influential leaders make timely decisions, identify business opportunities and manage risks. The Dow Jones data strategy team delivers highly-accurate, integrated proprietary and third party data – from millions of articles and tens of thousands of news and business sources in almost 200 countries – across customers’ feeds and APIs every day.
The Strategic Services team provides key strategic functions across Data Strategy, including Business Management, Content Strategy, Metadata Management, Quality and Solutions. The Strategic Services group houses all non-research capabilities within Data Strategy. The Program Management group supervises Data Strategy projects as they are getting implemented per the technical road map.
This role will be based in Barcelona and will report into Senior Program Manager, Solutions, Strategic Services. You will collaborate very closely with all of the Data Strategy Research teams and the rest of Strategic Services teams to define and follow through on our Tech Projects road map. Comprised of two Program Managers and a Senior Program Manager, the team will play an instrumental role in ensuring Data Strategy projects that received funding are implemented and tracked while also helping drive a culture of embracing change, accountability and process focus.
● Supervise Data Strategy Projects in scope
● Collaborate with Tech Teams, mainly through TPM, to deliver on projects
● Review and streamline Research requirements for development work
● Provide clarifications to Technology for features under implementation
● Act as a liaison between Technology and Operations or Research Teams
● Track and Report progress on project deliverables in scope
● Provide tracking on major Data Strategy Initiatives
Skills & Experience:
● Excellent communicator
● Top notch organisational skills
● Supporting and capable of conveying change
● High level of accountability and responsibility over assigned work
● Able to distill and prioritise tasks, as well as get buy in on both of those aspects from multiple internal and external stakeholders
● Quick thinker, able to make fast-paced decisions and efficiently guide conversations towards decision-making
● Will to do the right thing, not the easy thing
● Critical thinker and able to argument own ideas as well as conceptualise on others’ ideas, diving into detail when necessary
● Formal Project Management/Agile Training is a plus
● Solid understanding of Data Strategy workflows and PIB businesses
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: DATA STRATEGY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com